IM Louiville

IM Louiville
Bikes racked at Ironman Louisville 2010

Monday, March 17, 2008

Making the Team: 2008

Those of you who have been reading this blog know my commitment to the sport and my involvement in giving back to the endurance community. It’s a part of who I am and how I live. I'm writing this post to request your vote to be selected for Team Evotri. Please help me in this quest.

I am dedicated to the sport. Five days a week my alarm goes off before 4am in order for me to get in my first workout of the day before heading off to work. I treat my workouts seriously and nearly every workout of my plan is followed to the letter. Each year, I try to focus on improving some area of triathlon in hopes of developing consistent overall improvement from year to year.

Because I’ve benefited so much from the sport, I have become very involved in encouraging others to attempt their first triathlon as well as volunteering. I’ve been fortunate enough to volunteer at Ironman Wisconsin where I was able to help the pro women and countless age-groupers through T1!



For the past 5 years, I’ve participated in the Chicago Marathon as either a competitor or as a volunteer.


Additionally, I’ve volunteered for several years as a CARA Marathon pace group leader, a training program dedicated to helping people complete their first marathon or improving on their last one.



For the past 3 years, I’ve been the Team Captain of the Chicago Triathlon Luna Chix. The mission of the team is two-fold: To encourage women to get out and play and become active while raising money for the Breast Cancer Fund. This volunteer group has organized and implemented a variety of events to benefit the endurance community. These events include a weekly bike ride, transition clinic, bike maintenance clinic and brick workouts.

One of my newest volunteer activities is coaching the swim workouts for the south branch of the Multisport Madness Triathlon club. Since January, I’ve been sharing the swim coaching responsibilities of this club and it has been fun and rewarding to watch these triathletes improve their swimming skills.

Triathlon has changed my life and I cannot imagine myself not being involved in the sport. From participating to volunteering, I enjoy being around the types of people that like to push themselves to the limit and achieve new goals. These people know how to work hard and have fun. A tough workout is exhilarating and gives you a sense of accomplishment and empowerment. And doing that workout with the right people makes all the difference! During the group workouts, I’m usually the one talking a lot, making jokes and trying to keep everyone engaged.

The mission of Team EvoTri is to challenge themselves and others to live a healthy and active lifestyle through endurance sports. Without knowing it, I have been fworking that mission. Being selected as a member of EvoTri will help me achieve my goals and be able to pass on what I learn to the ever-growing triathlon community.
Thanks for reading! If you think I should be the next fully-sponsored member of Team Evotri, please write down the URL of this web site and have it ready for voting when you click the EVOTE button below. Thank you!

5 comments:

RunBubbaRun said...

I put my superdelegate in for ya..

Thanks for being our swimmy coach at MM.

Anonymous said...

Just voted, MJ...good luck, you deserve this!

KT :)

Kickstand Pam said...

you got my vote :)

Anonymous said...

MJ, this is so cool...just voted for ya!

Tammie

Griz said...

voted, do I get a button