IM Louiville

IM Louiville
Bikes racked at Ironman Louisville 2010

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Motivation - or lack therof!

Well, it's been about a month since my last triathlon. I'm actually kinda bummed how happy I am that the season is finally over. This season was particularly difficult for me this year. It could be how drastically I had changed my training regimen, I had an Ironman early in the season, or perhaps the fact that I didn't really take any time off had something to do with it.

The fact remains, I haven't been excited about training and/or racing for the past couple of months. It makes me wonder if I've just burnt myself out of the sport or if it was just simply a long season for me. I'm hoping for the latter because I spent way too much money on a nice bike just to ride it for 2 years!! This is the first year I haven't found myself going "Gee, I wish I was doing just ONE MORE RACE."

I just received an email with an article that I found to be a bit helpful. It provides you with tips on what to do after your last race of the season. Hey, well, see, I already checked out the yoga!

We are preparing for the Wild Scallion this weekend. It's a much different experience than triathlon. I don't feel any anxiety or pressure when doing a race like this, even though it will probably last more than half the day. Sure glad it's not another triathlon....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm,

I thought that I was the only one who recieved vital, detailed instructions via email.

The ones I get don't have anything to do with triathlon though.

Anonymous said...

i think you have just been saving it all for the wild scallion

RunBubbaRun said...

Good luck at the race, dress warm and bring the weather gear.