IM Louiville

IM Louiville
Bikes racked at Ironman Louisville 2010

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Adventure Race Of Our Own

Well, it's day 4 and I'm STILL recovering from the climb up 103 flights of stairs. Now, I figure the pain in my legs must be from the stair climbing because I've never felt this sore this long after any marathon or Ironman.

There has been a small little adventure race put on 2 of the last 3 years by my tri-buddy, none other than CJB. After a year of haitus, it is with great pleasure that I announce we will be having the 3rd RAYOR Adventure Race right here in our back yards. This race is being put on by CJB and the
Chicago Triathlon Team Luna Chix, of which I am a member of.



This is a perfect event for beginners. These will be 2 person teams and the event will last 4 hours, so you just collect as many clues as you can in the allotted time. The sections include (in no particular order):

  • Mountain biking
  • Metro trek - 1 person on scooter or skates, 1 on foot
  • Kayak
  • Orienteering
  • Mystery events


  • The registration is $40 per team and 100% of the entry fees will go to the Breast Cancer Fund.



    So, if you're in the area and you'd like to check out what an adventure race is like, this is the perfect opportunity to get your feet wet! Registration is until we reach 30 teams or Oct. 25th, whichever comes first. Just post a note to me if you'd like more information OR if you'd like to volunteer!!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Send me some details - I've got a probably volunteer kind of interest.

    Anonymous said...

    kayaks and pfd's will be provided
    cbj