IM Louiville

IM Louiville
Bikes racked at Ironman Louisville 2010

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Boston is Nearing

In the last week or so, I've had a lot of people ask about Boston (the marathon) or how the training is going for Boston. We're about a month away from that race at this point, so this weekend will be the last long run in preparation for this marathon.

I haven't been running nearly as much nor as hard as I did for my last marathon and just can't seem to get really motivated about training hard for Boston. I think maybe the two marathons are too close for me - December and then April. There's really no "down time" when they're scheduled so close. Sure, I feel like I took some rest because the mileage starts off again at a long run of 6 miles to start marathon training.

But I think the main reason I'm so non-chalant about the upcoming marathon is because I am considering it a "B" race. My goal isn't to go out and crush the course nor is it to "qualify for Boston at Boston." (are you nuts??) My goal is to simply cover the 26.2 miles injury-free. Then I can move on to what excites me much more, and that is triathlon season!

So while I'm out in Boston, I plan to do some sight-seeing, try clam chowder for the first time and, oh yeah, run a marathon.

2 comments:

BigWaveTom said...

Have a great race in Boston. I used to watch the race at the top of Heartbreak Hill (80-85). I went to Boston College.
Still one of the greatest sporting events. Such an achievement

John said...

when will the ironman become a "b" race?