IM Louiville

IM Louiville
Bikes racked at Ironman Louisville 2010

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hitting it in 2011!


So for the last 5 weeks or so, I've been sporting this lovely boot. Yes, I even took this boot to Mexico. I wore it while walking around, when going out to dinner and even while watching Ironman Cozumel.

I've come to like the boot, however, I've found it's not very winter-friendly. I've been sporting 2 pairs of socks every day now, particularly since we've had snow. See, it's open in the front and the snow gets all up on my toes. I already have a problem keeping my fingers and toes warm, this is like a double-whammy!

The good news is that I swam today and actually did my flip turns with BOTH feet and - HOLY COW - it did not hurt! :) I mean, I kept waiting for that little twinge, that little pang of pain I've been feeling for the last 6 months any time I put any pressure on that big toe...I got nuthin'. And I couldn't be happier.

Yes, I've still got another week and a half in the boot and another 2 weeks of physical therapy, but I'm well on my way. When I start running again, it will be a run to walk or one of those Couch to 5K type plans, but it will come back.

I've missed you, running friends...I have about 4 pairs of BRAND NEW running shoes in my closet just calling me to wear them. I am well rested and ready to go! Yes, I will be hitting it hard in 2011.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH YOU WILL!!! Once again, it was SO AWESOME to see you in Iron Coz - I totally forgot to give you props on my blog, but I will at some point!! :)

GO GET EM!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is excellent news!

One question: Is that boot tough to swim in? (-;

LaVonne said...

What did you do to your toe? I feel your pain sista - I'm having knee surgery at the end of the month from a freak fall that damaged cartilage under my kneecap (6 months ago). I have been a crazy bitch not being able to bike or run! Hope both of us are healthy in April so we can have some fun in CA!

Anonymous said...

Great news you're almost boot-free!! You will be back full strength in no time!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are making good progress... and yay for the swim! :) I think you'll be back in no time!

Kiersten said...

Awesome news! Congrats on your progress.

Anthony said...

Great to hear! Hope the running is still going well.

Mer! said...

Wow---you have such patience and diligence to become "one with the boot"...good on you!!

I know that feeling once you've been injured to try something out, expecting that same pain/twinge and when it isn't there you're like "holy shit, this therapy (boot) is working!" =0

Thrilled for you that you are on your way to recovery!!!

Aww, so awesome about the new running shoes! You'll be at it in no time!