IM Louiville

IM Louiville
Bikes racked at Ironman Louisville 2010

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New year, commiting to the blog

Yes, I'll admit it. I've been much of a slacker when it comes to keeping this blog updated. One of my projects for the year will be to get back into regular blog posting. I was talking to a good friend of mine, someone outside of the triathlon world, and he gave me a new perspective.

All this time, I've been keeping this blog pretty much focused on race reports and workouts. But you can only race so many times a year and, honestly, most workouts are not blog-worthy. So in our conversation, he made me realize how many things I really could blog about and still have it connected to triathlon and or/training. Why this never occurred to me before is a mystery.

Things have been busy and I've been doing a lot of work towards my coaching business, Tri Smart Coaching. Just when I think I've got some free time, something hits me and I realize there is always something more I could be doing. In the upcoming weeks, I'll be focused on some deep base training to prepare for the 2009 season. I still have not selected all of my races for the year, but I've got ideas floating around in my head.

So be sure to start checking back more frequently. I will be posting on a more regular basis and hope you find it of some value (even if it's enteratainment value!). And if you don't really want to read anything I post, you can always just click on for the music!!

2 comments:

KK said...

Yay! You're back. I always enjoy reading about your training/racing adventures.

My sister is doing IMKY too. Her site is http://viewsfrompv.blogspot.com/
if you're interested.

Good luck in '09.

Patrick said...

Entertainment value is the best. Check out http://roadto1406.blogspot.com/, at least I'm entertained by it.