IM Louiville

IM Louiville
Bikes racked at Ironman Louisville 2010

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Update on the Sting

Well, many days have passed and I've been meaning to get a few posts up, but things have been crazy.

The bee sting (which I now believe to have been a wasp sting) got much worse before it got better. In fact, on Tuesday morning, 2 days after the sting, I woke up with my eye swollen completely shut.

I did snap a few photos of it to put here on the blog, then I decided the rest of you really didn't need to see me looking like Rocky Balboa just because of a measley little wasp. Even more frustrating than the swelling was that it itched. A lot. But it hurt too much to scratch it. It was maddening. The right side of my face was still swollen four days later, so much so that I still couldn't put on a pair of goggles and swim. Finally on Friday morning, I knew I had to get in a quick swim if nothing more than to make sure I could still participate in the Steelhead Half Ironman. Still a little tender, but not unbearable...OK, I knew I'd be able to swim.

As for the shin - well, still can't run.

1 comment:

RunBubbaRun said...

Hey I liked the Rocky movies.. so pics would have been cool :)

Get some rest and take care of that mighty sting.. Sounds and looks painful..

What's with the shin? I'm trying to recover from an injury myself..